If you’re looking for a decadent and delicious treat to warm you up on a chilly day, look no further than this Oreo hot chocolate recipe. Rich, creamy, and oh-so-chocolatey, it’s the perfect indulgence for anyone with a sweet tooth. Here’s how to make it.
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 Oreo cookies, crushed
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Additional crushed Oreos, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and heavy cream over medium heat until steaming.
- Add the chocolate chips and vanilla extract to the saucepan and whisk until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the crushed Oreo cookies to the saucepan and whisk until they are fully incorporated.
- Pour the hot chocolate into mugs and top with whipped cream and additional crushed Oreos.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- For an extra-decadent treat, top your hot chocolate with a drizzle of chocolate syrup or caramel sauce.
- If you don’t have heavy cream, you can use all milk instead.
- To make this recipe vegan, use non-dairy milk and vegan chocolate chips.
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the hot chocolate ahead of time and reheat it on the stove or in the microwave when you’re ready to serve. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Can I use other types of cookies in this recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of cookie you like in this recipe. Try it with peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, or even sugar cookies.
- Can I make this recipe without a saucepan?
Yes, you can make this recipe in the microwave. Just combine the milk, heavy cream, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each increment, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Then add the crushed Oreos and stir to combine.
- How can I customize this recipe?
You can customize this recipe by adding different toppings to your hot chocolate. Try it with marshmallows, caramel sauce, or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 4 servings of hot chocolate.